Go to footer

Playing By The Rules

Re: Playing By The Rules

Postby Rhys Selwyn » Thu May 27, 2010 2:08 pm

Rhys smiles, relieved. Okay, so she agreed to this much... but he still feels like he has to tread carefully. It's nerve-wracking, this is, and he wishes he wasn't so nervous. Surely she can tell. She must be able to. But she'd just agreed to study with him, and so he at least knows she's okay with it. But he definitely feels like they should set up a specific time, not just... oh, you know, whenever.

He could get food, from the kitchens. Maybe music. Music might be going to far, it would give away what he's trying to do... but food. Food works. And butterbeer. No alcohol, she doesn't drink, right...

"Tomorrow night?" he suggests with a shy smile. "Or the night after? When do you have Quidditch?"
Rhys Selwyn
Gryffindor

Postby Amira Naser » Thu May 27, 2010 3:29 pm

"Tomorrow is fine," she agrees. "I don't have Quidditch until later this week. Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff are hogging the pitch for their match this weekend." She pauses, realizing what she's explaining to him before she flushes red. "Right, I am sure you knew that. You know, being captain and all..."

She takes a deep breath before lifting her head at him, rolling her eyes and smiling in embarrassment.

"But yes, tomorrow is fine," she says again. She tilts her head to the side a bit, considering him. "I will have to think of something to teach you. You are a tough student."
Amira Naser
Sixth Year

Blood Status: Half-Blood
Alignment: Neutral

Postby Rhys Selwyn » Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:31 pm

“Oh, I don’t know,” Rhys teases, grinning a little at her. “I think the Slytherins hog the pitch more than anyone. We Gryffindors are the pinnacles of gentlemanly sharing.” He pauses. “And ladylike. Ladylike sharing, too. Because I’m not suicidal.” Please don’t hit him. His great-auntie would have smacked him for that, raging feminist that she is, and she has Rhys well-trained.

All teasing aside, he sighs. “I know what you mean, in all seriousness. It’s frustrating.” He pauses, brightening a little. “Maybe we could go for a fly over the forest, after my lesson tomorrow. Just for fun, no training or anything involved.”

He eyes her hopefully, having some vague idea of getting her to fly on his broom with him instead of taking her own. And not in a dirty sense at all, although he doesn’t voice that suggestion just yet, not wanting her to take it that way; riding a bloke’s broomstick is a pretty common euphemism for sex, and he doesn’t particularly want to be slapped. Especially when he’s trying not to sound like he’s chatting her up.

Not that he’d object to that. Definitely not. But he’s… Christ, she’d never go for him that way, right? Hadn’t he just had this conversation with himself a moment ago? Except he keeps catching her looking at him like she does, and it’s really hot and makes him want to blush like he’s thirteen again…

Even more terrifyingly… what if she does want to… to shag? He’d never been able to get around to asking with Nadeline, even though he’s fairly sure his ex already had. And as for his own secret… well, he hasn’t, actually. Shagged anyone. Which no one knows. Not even Dylan. He brags about it enough that everyone leaves him alone, but it’s all just talk, and he’d never managed the act itself, in truth.

He’d taken things slowly enough with Nadeline, managed to convince her that he’d wanted to wait until they didn’t have to fumble about in an empty classroom or broom closet where they were at risk of being caught pretty constantly, but what if Amira is expecting him to want to? What if that’s what she wants, someone somewhat experienced that’s safe enough to try it out with, before she has to marry that horrible old arse?

He’s pretty sure that’s not it, though. She’s not the type to just want to leap right into shagging. He thinks he can read people, or at least her, well enough to be certain of that. So he has time to… prepare himself, if things reach that point, right? He’s getting ahead of himself a bit, anyway. They’ve never kissed, or even officially been out together, and he’s already worried about shagging. He should slow his arse down.
Rhys Selwyn
Gryffindor

Postby Amira Naser » Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:28 pm

"I would like that," Amira replies, equally as shy as she smiles back at him. His comments about hogging the pitch make her laugh, particularly his worry over sounding chauvinist. Amira is no feminist, she's not really sure how she could be, but she's fairly certain she has an entirely different view of chauvinism than Rhys. He would have to go out of his way to offend her like that.

She tries giving her attention to her homework, she really does, but she can't stop herself from peeking up at Rhys every few minutes. And each time she does, she swears he catches her, and he may want to blush like a thirteen year old again, but she actually is. He probably doesn't even want her looking at him like that. But then... why would he ask her to go flying, keeping initiating things that would require them to spend time together? Time together, alone, she reminds herself. If her face wasn't red before, it is now. She's so entirely out of her comfort zone here; her rapid heartbeat should make her nervous, she's doesn't know why it would make her so happy....

Coughing lightly to distract herself, Amira looks at her wrist, checking the time. Between their (halfhearted) attempts to get homework done and their distracting discussions, Rhys has been here for a while now. Which means he'll have to be leaving soon, a thought which bothers her, but is quickly bolstered by the thought that she'll see him again tomorrow. And he does have to leave at some point--she has to prepare something to teach him.

As if on cue, the sun has gone down enough to set the room's torches aglow. A neat little spell, really, one she figures they use on the castle that she found in an obscure spellbook one day. After all, no one can go around lighting every torch and candle in Hogwarts each evening.

"It's getting late," she says quietly, though it's more of a hushed statement than anything. "Do you have Prefect's rounds tonight?"
Amira Naser
Sixth Year

Postby Rhys Selwyn » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:02 pm

Glancing up at the lights, Rhys turns back to her with an impressed smile. “Nice timing.” He wonders if the spell is set to change with the changing sunset times, as well, and decides that it probably is. She’s too good not to have thought of something like that.

He glances at his watch, then back up to her, raising a brow. “I do, as it happens. In about half an hour.” Teasing a little, he adds, “But if you’re trying to get rid of me, I could go shower first so I don’t gross out my co-patroller.” He doesn’t smell, of course, but… well, it’s an excuse. And he doesn’t want to push himself on her if she needs to get some things done.

And he’ll see her for their… well, their date, soon enough. Sort of date. Friend… thing? He doesn’t know. But she’d agreed to go, and his earlier anxiety has morphed into a giddy sort of excitement with the speed that only the emotions of horny teenagers can manage.

Standing, he shoves his things into his bag, and his smile turns a bit shy. “I’ll see you tomorrow?” As though he won’t spend the rest of the evening obsessing about all of this…
Rhys Selwyn
Gryffindor

Postby Amira Naser » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:20 pm

"I'm not trying to get rid of you," she mutters before looking more fully at him. "But we would not want the Gryffindor Prefect to be late, would we? Gryffindors never break the rules."

Which is said teasingly, because it is a complete lie and they both know it. Then again, she supposes the same thing could be said of Slytherins, who are just better (in general) at not getting caught. Either way, she doesn't want to focus on him leaving, so joking seems the most appropriate outlet.

She stands as he does, looking up at him with a bashful smile.

"Yes," she confirms, smiling more widely. Tomorrow. She just has to get through classes and meals, and then she'll see Rhys again. Something flutters around her stomach, filling her with a rushing sort of excitement. She follows him to the door. "Have a good night, I will see you tomorrow."
Amira Naser
Sixth Year

Postby Rhys Selwyn » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:38 pm

"Oh, ha, yes," Rhys says dryly, but he doesn't leave immediately, even if they're standing at the door. No, he hovers for a moment, clearly wavering. If he does this, and he fucks it up, it'll... ruin their friendship. And yet, all the signals she's sending him... his earlier confusion temporarily vacates the building, replaced by the sort of bravery that has nothing to do with being a Gryffindor, and everything to do with... Amira being so damn pretty.

Tomorrow. Yes. He'll see her tomorrow. Leaning very far down, he kisses her very lightly, just at the corner of her mouth. "See you."

And then he very promptly scampers, in case she decides to curse him or throw something at his head.
Rhys Selwyn
Gryffindor

Postby Amira Naser » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:57 pm

Amira smiles awkwardly in that tense, silent moment when Rhys doesn't leave. She waits for him to say something, anything, while trying to wrack her own brain for another sentence.

But then he moves, and before she can enough comprehend what's happening, he's gone, leaving her half-convinced that she just hallucinated the last few seconds. Convinced only by the warmth lingering at the edge of her lips that she's still sane, her feet stay rooted for another solid two seconds before she actually closes the door, turning on autopilot to take a seat on her makeshift couch.

She reaches over, grabbing a throw pillow and slowly puling it into her lap. At last, a broad, wide smile breaks her lips before she buries her face into the pillow, the resulting sound a mix of teenage-girl glee and pure, undeniable frustration.

Rhys just kissed her. Rhys just kissed her and she didn't respond, didn't do a thing except let him escape. She doesn't even know what it means that he kissed her, what that does to their friendship, save her conviction of frustration with him.

Her first kiss!

Her first kiss, and it's not even properly on the lips; there was no head-swimming, feet-tingling excitement, with her arms wrapped tightly around his neck. No awkward giggling when they pull apart, only to be driven back into a lip-locking embrace....

Quite suddenly, she's angry. Angry at herself, angry at Rhys, and most of all, angry at the knowledge that her anger is a cover for her fear.

What does this mean? He'd said 'see you,' which is a standard goodbye, when one intends to see a person again. And they've got plans tomorrow, but is Rhys still going to be interested in them?

He did run out, after all....

Yet still, she's unbelievably elated, happy, content, and full of trepidation. Her first kiss! She'd certainly never imagined it would be like this....

Wound tight with the conflicting feelings inside her, Amira eventually falls asleep right on the couch, still clutching the plush throw pillow. She has no idea what any of this means for the friendship, but she does know one thing: next time Rhys tries to kiss her (and ignoring the mental insert of the word if), she's going to make sure it happens proper.
Amira Naser
Sixth Year

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to THE GROUNDS.