Go to footer

Sappy Ford Luvz II


Sappy Ford Luvz II

Postby Ford Collins » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:20 pm

Taken aback, Ford blinks down at Dahlia, who is somehow… shorter than him even though she’s sitting on the cot thing and he’s standing. Somehow, considering, that’s not particularly shocking though. What is shocking was the look on his cousin’s face upon seeing whatever Dahlia showed her. And Dahlia’s complete lack of concern for something that, judging by Lacy’s general levelheaded ability to assess situations, probably requires some concern.

“I don’t,” he says after blinking at her. “I mean. Not that I’m only here because I don’t have anything else to do- is- is something wrong?”

She’s looking up at him, in general being very sweet as per usual, and Ford doesn’t give her a chance to respond before he carries on. Obviously something is wrong. He’s officially worried now. “Something is wrong.”
Attachments
apa2_thegrounds_sappyfordluvz.doc
(74.85 KiB) Downloaded 807 times
Image
User avatar
Ford Collins
Muggle Studies Professor
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 6:47 pm
Blood Status: Half-Blood
Alignment: Order Supporter
Occupation: Muggle Studies Professor


Re: Sappy Ford Luvz II

Postby Dahlia Seraphin » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:36 pm

"No, it's fine," Dahlia assures Ford sweetly. She gives him a sugared smile.

Lacy, on the other hand, seems to disagree. She rolls her eyes, at the very least. The number of medical supplies that she's gathering seems to go against what Dahlia is saying also.

Looking at Ford's growing expression of horror, Dahlia tries to assuage him again. "Really, don't worry about it."

"I'm in good hands at least, aren't I?"

Returning to Dahlia's side, Lacy slides a metal tray to the edge of the bed. She lifts Dahlia's shirt again with some displeasure. Lacy pulls a cloth surgical mask from the pocket of her lab coat and dons it. When she turns to her tray the first thing she removes is a rather intimidating looking lance.
Image
User avatar
Dahlia Seraphin
Hufflepuff
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:28 pm
Blood Status: Unknown
Alignment: Neutral
Occupation: Professor of Care of Magical Creatures, Groundskeeper


Re: Sappy Ford Luvz II

Postby Ford Collins » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:43 pm

For some strange reason, Ford does not seem reassured by this. Oh, he’s sure Lacy can fix… pretty much anything, actually, since she’s like a doctor but also has magic. But the fact that she just pulled something that painful looking out of Dahlia in the first place is not reassuring at all. Actually it’s pretty much horrifying as all hell, despite the smiling.

Plus, Lacy doesn’t look like she agrees with Dahlia’s assessment. That does it. Ford is freaking out a little. He can’t exactly help, though. All he’s doing is making Dahlia try to reassure him, which… which is wrong! Shockingly, Ford finds himself in another situation where he has no idea what’s going on. But this time he knows it’s nothing good, that’s what.

“You are, but-” he starts, then pauses, clearly not sure what to say. He actually pales a little, watching Lacy work. Blood and stuff doesn‘t bother him, but that looks terrible. “You… what happened?”
Image
User avatar
Ford Collins
Muggle Studies Professor
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 6:47 pm
Blood Status: Half-Blood
Alignment: Order Supporter
Occupation: Muggle Studies Professor


Re: Sappy Ford Luvz II

Postby Dahlia Seraphin » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:22 pm

Dahlia offers a playful pout at Ford's insistence on being worried. She will be fine, it just looks unpleasant at the moment.

"Please don't be so worried, Ford." Dahlia smiles sympathetically. "I got bit, but it's going to be fine."

Dahlia figures that if Ford gets at least something of an answer he might be a little more calm. Granted, she also knows that he's Ford and that if he knew that what she got bitten by was a giant spider, then he might not be so calm. That would be much worse, really.

Dahlia winces slightly as Lacy uses the lance. Lacy takes gauze to Dahlia's side, which is still opposite Ford, but when she brings the gauze away to set it on the rolling tray it is covered in a greenish yellow substance that screams infection. Dahlia gives it a glance, but she doesn't seem concerned. Lacy seems a little grossed out, being able to see the rest of the picture. What Ford can't see is the clear outline of two fang punctures, the massive swelling, the underlying infection, and the creeping black necrotic tissue moving like a web away from the central wound.
Image
User avatar
Dahlia Seraphin
Hufflepuff
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:28 pm
Blood Status: Unknown
Alignment: Neutral
Occupation: Professor of Care of Magical Creatures, Groundskeeper


Re: Sappy Ford Luvz II

Postby Ford Collins » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:51 pm

It really is a lucky thing that Ford can’t see all that, too, because he’s freaking out enough as it is. He really just doesn’t understand why Dahlia isn’t freaking out, just a little. She’s not the sort to panic, no. But a little healthy worry would probably be very good in this situation- bit by what?!

Whatever it was, what he just saw Lacy take away from her side on that gauze is not fine. He might not be a medical professional, or even close really, but Ford learned your basic first aid in primary school and, you know, when dealing with guys who got shot and all that. That doesn’t just look bad. It looks awful and infected.

He glances back and forth between Dahlia and Lacy; he doesn’t really want to interrupt Lacy, all things considered, but Christ he’s going to have a panic attack soon and that won’t help, either. “Is it really going to be okay?” he asks his cousin.
Image
User avatar
Ford Collins
Muggle Studies Professor
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 6:47 pm
Blood Status: Half-Blood
Alignment: Order Supporter
Occupation: Muggle Studies Professor


Return to Board index

Return to INFIRMARY.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests




All original concepts, characters, and stories copyright 2007-2010 members of Aparecium.
Code and other shit copyright 2007-2010 Agaryulnaer.
Steal our shit and we will find you.