Go to footer

Making Arrangements [BLAKE]

Making Arrangements [BLAKE]

Postby Alexa Ackerland » Tue May 18, 2010 12:23 am

Christmas break and the start of spring term fly by much faster than Alexa could have anticipated. It doesn't take long for Sawyer to find nearly the exact ring Alexa was looking for, but they agree to wait until the announcement hits the Daily Prophet for her to wear it. Which, according to Adria, will be first thing tomorrow morning. Which means Alexa has a detour to make at the end of classes today.

Slipping away after Transfiguration, Alexa makes her way to the familiar hall that houses Professor Malfoy’s office. With one last glance at her uniform and a hand smoothing down her hair, she knocks on the heavy wooden door, waiting to be granted entrance.

For some time, Alexa’s been preoccupied with a specific issue surrounding her marriage to Sawyer. And surprisingly, it’s not his father (although she figures he’ll be a much more substantial problem tomorrow morning). It’s her father. She isn’t asking him to give her away, even to Rom’s son. She’s not asking him for anything, nor does she even entertain the delusion that he would agree. Which leads her to two conclusions, both of which can be addressed with a visit to her Head of House.

“Professor Malfoy?” she asks, stepping in once she hears a summons. “I was wondering if you might have a moment. There’s a personal matter of which I’d like to speak to you about.”
Alexa Ackerland
Seventh Year

Blood Status: Half-Blood
Alignment: Death Eater Supporter

Re: Making Arrangements [BLAKE]

Postby Blake Malfoy » Tue May 18, 2010 1:07 am

Somehow, it's not shocking to Blake that as soon as he actually has some time in his office to work on grading papers, there's a knock at his door. Granted, he's supposed to have "office hours" so that students can find him and ask him for help or questions or whatever the hell it is they need to whine about all the time, Blake doesn't really know but he was told that's what he has to do. Obviously he could give a shit if they need help, which most of them know by now, but here he is anyway. And, naturally, here someone else is, as soon as he thinks he might actually get some of this shit done.

He's slightly less than homicidal when there is a knock on the door; the level of homicidal goes down marginally when he sees that it's Ackerland, who is tolerable sometimes, well, for the little shitheads he has to deal with here, anyway. Except then she mentions "personal matter," and Blake's level of annoyance shoots right back up. Yes, he is her Head of House. But he's pretty sure he made it abundantly clear that he doesn't give a shit about any of their personal shit. Unless one of them is dead or dying or the Gryffindors have turned everything in the common room red again, Blake doesn't care. And even then, it's a toss-up.

Still, the quickest way to get rid of her is to hear her out and then tell her to shut the fuck up and go away, so Blake reluctantly puts down his quill, focusing on the girl. "Miss Ackerland," he says, patiently as Blake Malfoy is capable, "Have a seat. Is something wrong?" And is there a reason he should care?
Blake Malfoy
Deputy Headmaster

Blood Status: Pureblood
Alignment: Death Eater

Postby Alexa Ackerland » Tue May 18, 2010 1:38 am

Having learned to never expect a warm welcome from Professor Malfoy, his polite response and lack of a threatening scowl are reassurance enough that this conversation might not be a total loss. She steps fully into the office, setting her bag neatly at the side of the proffered chair before taking a seat.

"Not exactly," she replies, smiling politely at him. "I hope I'm not interrupting you, but something has come up, and I could really use your... expertise."

Which could be taken many ways, any of which she feels would be appropriate for this situation.

"You see, tomorrow's headline in the Daily Prophet will be a wedding announcement." She pauses, debating just how direct she should be, before deciding that taking up as little of Professor Malfoy's time as possible is always the best option. "My wedding announcement," she continues. "To Professor Black's son."

Which she feels not only alerts Professor Malfoy as to who they're speaking of, but (she hopes) plays on the rivalry between the two older men. Even if he doesn't want to help her, specifically, perhaps he'll do it because of that. Or because he finds it ironically funny, she doesn't care. She's not nearly so idyllic as to think the only form of help comes with good motives.

Nor does she doubt for a minute that Professor Malfoy knows more about their personal lives than they (or him) would ever care for. But, until now, Adria has been the only outside party privy to the knowledge of their engagement. And with that information comes the reason she's here.

"I know you're aware that I have estranged myself from my parents," she says carefully, torn between keeping eye contact and the desire to look away. Despite their history and despite having made up her mind, she still has a bit of trouble fully accepting what she's come here to ask for. "As such, they could make my engagement very difficult." And it would be best if those difficulties were removed, completely. "I'm hoping that you might be able to help me come up with a solution." Or just take care of it himself, really. That would be the most ideal outcome.
Alexa Ackerland
Seventh Year

Postby Blake Malfoy » Wed May 19, 2010 11:57 pm

Blake's eyebrows go up immediately upon hearing the words "Professor Black's son," and stay that way through to the end of Ackerland's explanation, which somehow just keeps getting more and more interesting, which is really against the normal flow of conversation with his students (or anyone). Alexa Ackerland... is marrying Sawyer Black, new (Slytherin) son of fuckass.

That's pleasant enough news to Blake, who is still pleased as all hell that the little bastard child ended up being in his House and not beloved Gryffindor. It's the little things in life, you know. But then Ackerland continues on... and Blake moves from mild interested, slight evil glee, to actual real interest. There are very few things in this world that actually interest Blake Malfoy (aside from himself, of course). Delicate inferences that he might be welcome to murder some asshats is one of them.

It might not take a genius to figure out what she’s getting at, but it does take a Slytherin, and Blake is certainly that. Aside from black sheep Alexa, the Ackerland family has made their... values very clear. Very, very clear. Often in the form of annoying letters to Blake. In fact, since Alexa was Sorted into Slytherin, Blake (being the Head of her House) has gotten about three to ten letters from one parent or the other. He read one of them once. Actually he skimmed. Basically, it was them showing worry at the effect as a role model he was having on their daughter... dark arts, blah blah blah, worried about the moral lessons she’s learning... actually, now that he thinks about it, Blake recalls laughing hysterically over that particular letter with Ramses for about an hour. This was of course pre-beating Ramses’ to death. Christ, no wonder the girl estranged herself. Good call.

So that, Blake could ignore easily on the grounds that the letter he did skim was amusing, although the mild annoyances of throwing away the other fifty add up to one large annoyance. But then... last Halloween (or rather, the day after)... Mr. Ackerland had come to Hogwarts to find his daughter, and then had proceeded to find Blake. And... to shout at him. In fact, insults were thrown in. Of course, Blake is insulted on a daily basis, by Rhoslyn usually, sometimes by his cousin, and a few others. But most people are much too afraid of him to insult him to his face, and that is how Blake likes it. In fact, he’d very nearly killed the man right there, but he’d been too busy and there were too many people... it would’ve been way too messy.

So this... understandably, Blake’s interest is suddenly peaked. After a moment, he leans back slightly in his chair, all the while keeping his eyes fixed on Alexa. She looks slightly uncomfortable with all of this. Blake doesn’t know why she should be. Her parents are awful. If his parents had been like that, Blake would’ve killed them, too. Well, he did kill his father, but that’s unrelated. “I can see,” he begins slowly, “how you would be worried, yes. Congratulations are in order, too. How nice to see my cousin‘s son settling down. And with someone so respectable.” In other words: A SLYTHERIN AHAHAHAHA. Blake is going to have to find his camera and follow fuckass around for this.

Blake spends a moment watching Alexa before continuing. “Well, you know of course that this will make you family.” He pauses to let that sink it before continuing. “I’m happy to do anything I can to help.” Because your parents are shitheads. And Blake is not going to be related to any of that.
Blake Malfoy
Deputy Headmaster

Postby Alexa Ackerland » Thu May 20, 2010 12:44 am

Alexa, somehow, manages to keep eye contact with Professor Malfoy. She lets out a quiet breath when he congratulates her. She knows that certain people will be very pleased with her and Sawyer’s marriage, rather than him choosing the type of girl Professor Black would likely prefer (aka, a Gryffindor). But just the same, it’s nice to hear.

“Thank you,” she says, nodding before he continues. He mentions her wedding making her family and she glances back at up him. Family, right. Because Sawyer is technically Professor Malfoy’s second counsin. And while family, in the literal bloodline sense, means very little to her, at the same time, it means everything in their world. Yet even more important is who you claim as family, such as Professor Black accepting Sawyer. Such as what Professor Malfoy’s doing right now.

“I’m relieved to hear that,” she says finally. Honestly, she was not relishing the thought of having to take care of her parents herself. Or asking Sawyer to. Or… any of the alternatives at all, really. “But there’s also something else.”

Something that most people would consider less of a request than murder. But, with Professor Malfoy…. She gathers that this might be the bigger concession on his part. She doesn’t know, of course. No one does. But certain things can be inferred with a general sense of correctness. Especially after your Head of House agrees, for all intents and purposes, to murder your Order-loving, fight-for-the-Light parents.

“If my parents are no longer a concern,” she continues, “that leaves me with one other problem. Typically, the father gives the bride away to her husband. Obviously, that is not an option. As such, I was wondering if you might consent to step in, in his place.” To give her away, to Sawyer. To the Black heir. She briefly imagines Professor Black's face if and when he sees her walked down the aisle by his rivaled cousin. But what are her options, really? And as he pointed out, Alexa and Sawyer's union will make them family.
Alexa Ackerland
Seventh Year

Postby Blake Malfoy » Tue May 25, 2010 3:44 am

Consent to step in in Ackerland's father's place, to give her away at her wedding to Sawyer Black, the bastard son of fuckass. Blake can't help that his eyebrows go up again at this. The fact that she would dare ask this of him speaks volumes. First of all, that takes some balls, considering the fact that his agreeing would essentially mean that he would be saying to the world that he accepts Alexa as family, that he backs her. Secondly... it's also quite interesting, because if he did agree, she would essentially be tying herself to him. Publicly, and privately, since he'll be offing her parents at her request soon enough. Blake wonders briefly if the girl knows just what she's getting into. He quickly decides that he doesn't give a shit.

Like Alexa, Blake spends a moment imagining his fuckass cousin's face upon seeing his son's bride walked down the aisle by his oh-so-hated cousin. Actually, he spends more than a moment. Several moments. Several wonderful moments. If Blake believed in anything so ridiculous as heaven, he would thank god for the mental image, actually.

Well, that decides it, if having Alexa Ackerland-soon-to-be-Black in his debt didn't. After all, there's a reason he's at Hogwarts, and it isn't just to keep tabs on Rhoslyn. With the rate of deaths on both sides of the war, they need recruits. They need ins. And the best place to get these things is with the youngest members of the important Wizarding families. Hogwarts.

"Alexa," Blake begins, sure the fact that he switched to her first name won't go unnoticed by someone so well-versed in Pureblood proprieties; neither will the long pause as he had considered. "I am honored that you would think to ask me. I would love to."
Blake Malfoy
Deputy Headmaster

Postby Alexa Ackerland » Fri May 28, 2010 1:17 am

If Alexa had any misconceptions of exactly what she was getting into by coming here, she doesn't anymore. Starting with the fact that this s the first time she has ever heard Professor Malfoy call her by her first name, ever, in all the years he's been here, the fact that he would be 'honored' and 'love' walking her down the aisle is... one hell of a pronouncement. It's relieving, yes; she's gotten the answers she came here to obtain. It's also downright chilling.

It's funny, really, how she once considered there to be worse things than being in Adria's debt--like being in Malfoy's debt. Yet now, that's not quite so dire. Or rather, it is, unquestionably so, but she's had the time to give this more thought. She realizes what she's asking.

"Thank you," she says honestly. "I truly appreciate this."
Alexa Ackerland
Seventh Year

Postby Blake Malfoy » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:04 pm

All smiles, as he often is when in public or dealing with people he either needs to impress or are at least somewhere near his social standing, Blake nods. Not-so-secretly, he hopes that’s all she came here for. Killing her parents and walking her down the aisle is really enough for one day, no matter what she’s getting out of it. He doesn’t want to be too accommodating. Actually, he really doesn’t care how accommodating he is. He really just doesn’t want to carry on talking. He was in the middle of something, as per fucking usual.

Blake is actually fairly certain, now that he thinks of it, that he hasn’t actually finished grading one whole paper in the entirety of the last two years.

“Of course,” he says, knowing she’ll pick up on the dismissal in his tone. “Your wedding day should be perfect.” Not that fucking perfect, but isn’t Adria working on Ackerland? It’ll be as close to perfect as it can be without eclipsing her own wedding, Blake’s certain of that much, if Adria has a hand in it (he has no doubt she will, thinking on it now). “Anything I can do to help is my pleasure.”
Blake Malfoy
Deputy Headmaster

Return to Board index

Return to PROFESSORS' QUARTERS.